Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wonder

Okay y'all, seeing as I'm posting first, I'm hoping this is like when you present a project in class, the first person gets some slack and isn't held up to par with the presentations after them.

I see the wonder in your eyes
it makes me wonder too
why I do not wonder like I see you do.

Why have I learned to turn it off
to take it all for naught.
Please teach me babe to see like you
and wonder at the new.

"Stop taking things for granted Mom,"
I seem to hear you say.
"Start looking at the world you know
and throw it all away.

It's not about the world you see
but how you feel inside.
Take off your shoes and crawl with me
and take a look around.

You cannot help but wonder now
'bout what you feel down here
While we explore the wide wide world
with no reason to fear.

When given so much room to grow
how can we just sit by?
While there is so much world to see
to touch and smell and taste.

Forget all that you think you know
relearn it all again.
For what's the point of being here
if just to sit and stare?

Come learn with me about new things
give wonder one more try."

I see the wonder in you babe,
It makes me wonder too
at passersby who cannot know
the wonder that is you.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, Jameson and you are so cute. I hope your baby is doing well.

    ReplyDelete