Sunday, October 16, 2011

Colorblind

So this is my first poem in years and years. I feel like it is a good place to start with definite thanks to build on.
(Goodness, I'm so nervous)

Roses are Red, violets are Blue
   That's what I see, how about you?
Why do I care what color they are?
   Shouldn't violets be Violet?
Who decided that Sea Foam could be a color?
   Why can't mahogany be on the list?

Taupe, Mauve, Puese,
   Cadet, Capri, Carmine?

How do those come from Red, Yellow or Blue?
   Or is it Red, Green and Blue too?
Why do they change if you look too far?
   When will people decide if it's Purple or Violet?

 Xanadu, Teal, Magenta,
   Wiseria, Jonquil, Camel?

When a child colors jasmin's hair Orange or face Green
   why is that "cute" or a "masterpiece"?
When I wear Brown shoes, Black pants and a Neon Yellow shirt,
   why is it painful to your eyes?

Zaffre, Indigo, Cobalt,
   Iris, Jade, Earth Yellow?

Who cares if your shirt is Purple or Blue?
   Is it worth twenty dollars to have the same shirt in Red?
How come Red is the only color that changes when you add White?
   If Pink is a color than shouldn't White and Black be colors too?

Celedon, Saffron, Cinnabar,
   Cyan, Dark Blue, Sky Blue?

How do you make Brown anyway?
   How are Yellow and Red Brighter than Blue or Brown?
What will you say when you find out what I am?
   Will you treat me like a carnival booth too?

Cream, Pink, Brown
   White, Black, Grey?

How should I know what color it is?
   What difference does it make really?
Is it Orange-Red or Red-Orange?
   Who cares?

Red, Yellow, Blue,
   Green, Purple, Orange?

I hate being Blue,
   I hate being Colorblind

No comments:

Post a Comment