Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chloe

Becky and I didn't collaborate in the slightest just an FYI. I was actually at work when I wrote mine and she was at home. Interesting thought.

Also, unfortunately the blogspot formatting won't let me write exactly how I would like to. So the lines in parentheses are actually supposed to be indented.

Seeing you grow is a wonder to me.
You poke, prod, glower, laugh, and cry.
Boy, do you know how to cry.
But you're much more to me.
You can now crawl, lift, and Mowgli across the floor.
You're a mobile machine.
You pull yourself up, you stand on your own.
But you're much more to me.
You are the wonder I'll never shake.
I come home and you smile
(even if it is just for a moment)
and I know you were meant for me
and I was meant for you
like a set of Legos,
only I'm the worn out Mega Blocks
and you're the brand new Harry Potter set,
including a 98-step instruction book
because I don't think I'll ever be able to figure out
just how you work on my own.
So instead I'll just stand over your crib
and watch you sleep
(with your tooshie up)
and smile at just how lucky I am
and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment