Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday afternoon, 3pm

Hypno, Hypno
So the pendulum swings
I can't help but follow
With my mind
Back and forth, back and forth,
While Hypno devours my dreams
This, I solemnly say, is why
I preach my fatigue
As you knowingly sigh
Ad wish I would just close my mouth.
Hypno is haunting my sleep.
I try to fight z's
By slowly snacking
But pounds are my only reward.
I stand and I walk
But my feet are like rocks,
I play with my child,
I think of the 'Hawks,
My fantasy players I've added and dropped,
How Shepherd will get us
All out of this mess,
But still, they're only
Distractions at best.
I know once I'm finished
And back to the place
Where reality tells you
"Enough is enough,
You can't stay awake,"
Hypno will come
And lull me away
While the preacher continues his sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment